We at EMVY make sure that we use the finest in materials when it comes to our products. We take the time to carefully examine each and all of our materials as they have to meet the highest in quality standards. Please take a look at the list of materials are commonly used within our furniture products and collections.
Aluminum is a light and tough metal with an excellent strength to weight ratio and corrosion resistance – making it an ideal material for outdoor furniture.
Aluminum goes through a specified process using special machinery in order to be shaped into each desirable design. When the design takes its final form it goes though the powder coating process.
• Transportation (automobiles, aircraft, marine vessels, bicycles, etc.
• Packaging (cans, foil, frame of etc.)
• Construction (windows, doors, siding, building wire, etc.).
• A wide range of household items, from cooking utensils to baseball bats, watches
• highly corrosion resistant
• easy to move around
• minimum maintenance
• long lasting
• Sturdy and stable
Steel is an alloy of iron and carbon that is widely used in construction and other applications because of its high tensile strength. Steel has many properties that make it a useful and essential building material. Its strength and durability make it a great choice for structures exposed to high amounts of stress, such as weather, heat, large amounts of applied force and constant usage. Adjusting the chemical composition of the alloy mixture allows the steel to meet whatever the desired properties are.
Steel goes through a specified process using special machinery in order to be shaped into each desirable design. When the design takes its final form it goes though the powder coating process.
The world’s infrastructure utilizes steel as a building component. It is used in the construction of everything from ships to railroad cars, steel is unlimited in its potential uses. It is a main component in the building of automobiles, home appliances and shipping containers. Steel is even used to create cans for food storage.
• Minimum maintenance
• long lasting
• Sturdy and stable
DuPont™ Corian® is a solid, non-porous, homogeneous surfacing material composed of ± 1/3 acrylic resin (also known as PolyMethyl MethAcrylate or PMMA) and ± 2/3 natural minerals. The main mineral is Aluminium TriHydrate(ATH) derived from bauxite, an ore from which aluminum is produced.
Corian is being manipulated and cut into the desirable dimensions and size according to each design.
Its primary use is as a countertop/benchtop surface, though it has many other applications. Acrylate provides flexibility, making it easy to process when heated, so it can be shaped and molded into generally limitless forms which can be used in commercial and artistic projects. Kitchen countertops, bathroom vanities, shower walls, furniture, lighting.
• Naturally solid
• heat resistant
• Stain and bacteria resistant
• Repairable and renewable
• Hygienic – Non Toxic
• Environmental friendly
In our designs we use
• Frosted glass, which is translucent glass.
• Smoked glass which is glass manufactured with darkening materials incorporated, such that light passing through the glass is decreased in brightness.
• ‘Toughened’ (‘safety’ glass) is formed from a prepared sheet of ordinary glass which has been cut to size, processed and edge-worked as necessary. The glass sheet is then heated and rapidly chilled with cold air, which is blown onto the surfaces. This heating and rapid cooling process results in the outer surfaces cooling more quickly than the inner parts of the sheet. The result is that these outer surfaces will contract and solidify before the interior, thereby inducing permanent compressive stresses into the surfaces of the glass. This results in the increased strength and safe breakage characteristics observed with this type of glass. When the glass is broken, the stress is explosively released, producing the fracture characteristics of small, cube-like fragments (often referred to as ‘dice’) that are relatively harmless.
• ‘Laminated’ glass, as the name suggests, consists of two or more layers of glass which may be of any type. These are permanently bonded together by one or more interlayers of normally transparent plastic. Once manufactured, the laminate is considered to be one piece of glass. The plastic interlayers are intended to hold glass fragments in place if the glass is broken, making injury less likely to occur.
In collaboration with our qualified counterparts we choose high quality glass which passes close scrutiny before being used in our designs.
Glass is widely used in construction, furniture and art pieces as well as in scientific instruments.
• Gives modern and minimalistic look to décor
• Transparency, it gives the illusion of space
• Easy to maintain
• Able to withstand any temperature
In our designs we use
• Iroko: Also known as African Teak and grows in West Africa. Golden orange but change to dark brown after exposure to light. It’s traditionally used for ship/boat building. It weathers to silver gray in a year. Iroko is one of the best materials for decking and Garden furniture. The material is reported to possess adequate weathering properties to allow it to be used in exterior applications. Iroko is medium bending and crushing strength, very low stiffness and resistance to shock loads. Iroko is used for ship and boat building, benches, furniture making and carving.
• Marine Plywood: Marine plywood is manufactured from durable face and core veneers, with few defects so it performs longer in both humid and wet conditions and resists delaminating and fungal attack. Its construction is such that it can be used in environments where it is exposed to moisture for long periods. Marine plywood is frequently used in the construction of docks and boats.
• European beech wood: The wood of the European beech is used in the manufacture of numerous objects and implements. Its fine and short grain makes it an easy wood to work with, easy to soak, dye, varnish and glue. Steaming makes the wood even easier to machine. It has an excellent finish and is resistant to compression and splitting. It is particularly well suited for minor carpentry, particularly furniture. Beech is typically a pale cream color, sometimes with a pink or brown hue. Lumber, veneer, flooring, boat building, furniture, cabinetry, musical instruments (piano pin blocks). Beech is an important and widely-used hardwood in Europe. Its hardness, wear-resistance, strength, and excellent bending capabilities make it perfect for outdoor furniture.
In collaboration with our qualified counterparts we choose high quality wood which passes close scrutiny before being used in our designs.
For ship and boat building, benches, construction of docks, furniture making and carving, lumber, veneer, flooring, cabinetry, musical instruments.
• Natural Look
• Resilient and Strong
• Easy to Clean
• Weathers Resistant
• Eco Friendly
• Heat moderation
The powder coating or powder coating applications is a coating method in which an electrically conductive material is coated with powder paint. A typical coating system consists of surface pretreatment, intermediate drying, electrostatic coating zone and dryer.
They are prepared by a binder, curing agent, pigments and additives are mixed and melted together. After cooling, the melt is crushed and milled to a fine powder
Powder coatings have found their permanent use in many application areas of the coating industry, such as furniture, bicycle frames and white goods.
• no use of solvents
• environmental sense
• recycling concept in which not brushed powder back into the
• coating operation is fed back
• high sustainability
• high efficiency
• benefits by electro-static treatment
• Scratch Resistant